By Paul Homewood Andrew Bolt is not afraid to tell the truth about our Greta. It is a pity that the media here have not got the courage to do the same: Meanwhile more information is beginning to emerge about the Greta phenomenon. From Big League Politics: 16-year-old climate change […]
Who is Greta Thunberg and why is she doing this?
Greta is a 16 yr. old Swedish teenager, not a 12 yr. old child as she appears. Dress her appropriately for her age and you get an entirely different picture. In her Wikipedia article you have to read between the lines to realize that her father, mother and organized environmental groups have promoted her in all of her activities. I am sure she believes that man caused climate change is dangerous. However, her family is getting lots of money and fame from her activism, so you have to wonder about their motivation.
Her awards, nominations and public exposure through news and magazine articles are extensive. For example, in March, 2019 she was nominated for a 2019 Nobel Peace Prize ($1.1 million US). The 2019 Nobel Peace Prize will be awarded in October from among 301 nominees, so there is no guarantee that she will win. However, just being nominated by Swedish and Norwegian leaders has enhanced her appeal. Other awards and public exposures are included the following timeline.
- May, 2018 – At age 15 Thunberg won a climate change essay competition held by Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet that published it. She was contacted by Bo Thorén from Fossil Free Dalsland, a group interested in doing something about climate change. Thunberg attended several of their meetings, and, at one of them, Thorén suggested that school children could strike for climate change.
- August, 2018 – Greta Thunberg posted her original strike photo on Instagram and Twitter along with a statement condemning climate inaction; other social media accounts, including YouTube, quickly took up her cause. (she also has a Facebook account.)
- August, 2018 – She quit school and began protesting climate change at the Swedish Parliament every school day until after the election in September, when she returned to school and limited her protests to Fridays as #FridayForFuture. Since then she has traveled throughout her country and Europe leading organized protests and giving speeches.
- November, 2018 – Greta won the Fryshuset scholarship of the Young Role Model of the Year.
- November, 2018 – She was nominated for the Children’s Climate Prize by Telge Energi, a Swedish wind, water and solar energy company, but declined to accept.
- November, 2018 – She gave a TEDXStockholm talk.
- December, 2018 – She was diagnosed as obsessive compulsive (OCD), with Asberger’s Syndrome (Autism) and selective mutism (refuses to speak at times).
- December, 2018 – She spoke to Parliament in London.
- December, 2018 – Time Magazine featured her on its cover and named her one of the world’s 25 most influential teenagers of 2018.
- December, 2018 – She was featured in an interview with Amy Goodman from Democracy Now!, a radio and online progressive broadcast, entitled “School Strike for Climate: Meet the 15-year-old Activist Greta Thunberg Who Inspired a Global Movement.” In the interview Thunberg said she first got the idea of a climate strike after school shootings in the United Stated in February, 2018 led to several youths refusing to go back to school. (However, Bo Thoren from Fossil Free Dalsland had suggested school strikes to her before she dropped out of school in August, 2018 and started her campaign of protests and speeches.)
- December, 2018 – She addressed the United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP 24, in Poland.
- January 3, 2019 Greta turned 16.
- January, 2019 – She spoke at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
- February, 2019 – 224 academics signed an open letter of support stating they were inspired by the actions of Thunberg and the striking school children in making their voices heard.
- February, 2019 – United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres endorsed the school strikes initiated by Thunberg.
- February, 2019 – She spoke at a conference of the European Economic and Social Committee.
- March 8, 2019- On International Women’s Day, Thunberg was proclaimed the most important woman of the year in Sweden in 2019.
- March, 2019 – Greta was nominated for a 2019 Nobel Peace Prize, to be awarded in October.
- March 31, 2019 – She received the German Goldene Kamera Special Climate Protection award.
- April 1, 2019 – She won the Prix Liberté from Normandy region of France, which she received in Caen on 21 July that year.
- April 12, 2019 – She shared the Norwegian Fritt Ords Prize, which celebrates freedom of speech, with the Nature and Youth organization. Thunberg donated her share of the prize money to a lawsuit which seeks to halt Norwegian oil exploration in the Arctic.
- May, 2019 – Thunberg published a collection of her climate action speeches, No One is Too Small to Make a Difference.
- June 2019 – Thunberg spoke by video link with US Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who has proposed a Green New Deal with a goal of zero emissions.
- September 20, 2019 – Greta participated in the Global Climate Strike with city school children.
- September 23, 2019 – She attended the UN Climate Action Summit in New York City.
- (date?) – Thunberg and the school strike movement were featured in a 30-minute Vice documentary titled Make the World Greta Again. Some media have described her impact on the world stage as the “Greta Thunberg effect”
- December 2019 – she plans to attend the COP 25 climate change conference in Santiago, Chile.
Her mother is Melena Emman, a famous opera singer who gave up flying and her international career to support her daughter; her father is Svante Thunberg, an author, actor, arts manager and director who had devoted himself to managing Melena’s career and now travels with Greta. Her sister is Beata Thunberg who has ADHD (Attention Deficet Hyperactivity Disorder). Her Grandfather is Olaf Thunberg, an actor and director. Her father, with her mother, wrote a book entitled “Scenes from the Heart,” (Scener ur hjärtat ), published in August, 2018, which is slated to be released in German and English. It has been alternatively attributed to Melena or Svante or both. Greta is included in credits for the newer editions. The second part of the book is entitled “Burned-out Humans on a Burned-out Planet.” The book is described in news reports as the “Backstory of 16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg.” The family is vegan and has reportedly given up flying. (?) They traveled to London in an electric car for her trip to the United States. Greta and her father traveled on a sailing boat from England to New York as a symbolically carbon neutral trip, although a second crew flew to New York to take the boat on the return trip, and she will probably travel by air on her return trip after extensive travel in the Americas and beyond.
In the information above, there is enough evidence to believe that Greta is being used by various international environmental organizations to push their agenda. The United Nations has endorsed her and various governments have encouraged her to further their own political aims of more government control. The groups and academics are profiting handsomely from their continued climate work and agenda. If she is an innocent victim and really believes what she is saying, she is at best a pawn in a bigger game and at worst a victim of child abuse. If she is an active participant in this scam, that is even worse because she is pretending to be an innocent to push propaganda and stir up fear and hatred in innocent children. The result is division, disruption and children who hate and are angry at their parents, other mature adults and established civil society, who could develop into violent radicals and criminals in a few short years. Having heard part of her impassioned protest speech today, it is more likely that she is an active participant pretending to be a mentally handicapped child, and knows exactly what she is doing.
Wind power sits comfortably alongside Alchemy and perpetual motion machines: ideas that were both superficially attractive and utterly impossible. No country has ever powered itself entirely with wind power, and no country ever will. Putting aside their unreliability and chaotic intermittency, the amount of energy and resources that go into building a single wind turbine […]
By Allan M. R. MacRae, B.A.Sc., M.Eng., August 2019 CATASTROPHIC GLOBAL WARMING IS A FALSE CRISIS – THE NEXT GREAT EXTINCTION WILL BE GLOBAL COOLING Forget all those falsehoods about scary global warming, deceptions contrived by wolves to stampede the sheep. The next great extinction event will not be global warming, it will be global […]
Guest essay by Eric Worrall Greens advocating a clean energy “revolution” rarely pause to consider the enormous increase in mining activity which would have to occur to support their new green economy. The Limits of Clean EnergyIf the world isn’t careful, renewable energy could become as destructive as fossil fuels. BY JASON HICKEL | SEPTEMBER 6, 2019,…