Here it is. Please review and send me your thoughts. Supposedly this is what will be sent to the White House for review and approval. This is my favorite part so far: If true, this would mean the the Harvard Six City and Pope ACS studies are history and won’t be used by EPA again.…
via Latest EPA science transparency proposal leaked to NYTimes; Key air quality junk science to be banned unless data is made public — JunkScience.com
EPA is cleaning up its act with new, science-based, transparent data that can be verified and replicated by independent researchers. No one should object to better data methods unless they want to block advances in science or support embedded myths of environmentalism. The Harvard Six City study was begun in 1974 and followed participants for 15 years. It used questionnaire type surveys of participants and followed up with spirometry testing and death dates/causes. Death rate only varied by 2 years for most and least polluted cities, which could be a statistical fluke. It has been 40 years since the study was ended, so confidentiality should not be a problem, except to redact names.
This new proposed ruling by the EPA, along with ending the Linear No Threshhold method of risk determination should be celebrated in the scientific and medical communities. It means more research, not less, and more accurate data overall.
Wind power sits comfortably alongside Alchemy and perpetual motion machines: ideas that were both superficially attractive and utterly impossible. No country has ever powered itself entirely with wind power, and no country ever will. Putting aside their unreliability and chaotic intermittency, the amount of energy and resources that go into building a single wind turbine […]
via Cost-Effective ‘Renewable’ Energy Is Like Unobtanium: A Fictional Construct — STOP THESE THINGS
Josh comes through with another cartoon. In case you missed it, over the weekend, Willis Eschenbach published “Planet-Sized Experiments – we’ve already done the 2°C test” One of the truths in that article was directed at this past weekend’s “climate strikes”, inspired by 16 year old Greta Thunberg. Willis makes a lot of sense with…
via Monday Mirthiness – Greta’s two degrees — Watts Up With That?
First they came for the coal industry, now for oil and gas: West Australian EPA decides state must meet “Paris” alone, by Joanne Nova. Suddenly, with five minutes warning, Western Australia may be going it alone to meet Paris on behalf of Australia. Not because an elected government decided that, but because of five people […]
via First they came for the coal industry, now for oil and gas: West Australian EPA decides state must meet “Paris” alone — The Wentworth Report
For a great history of Climate Change and Population Control Alarms watch this video from realclimatescience.com and Steve Goddard’s Youtube channel by Tony Heller. A little long but well worth watching. All scares are politics, not science. The aim is socialist/communist control – control of population, economy, politics, every facet of your life.
- The world is still not overpopulated.
- Hunger is more about politics than scarcity. Modern agriculture can feed everyone.
- The climate is always changing, but it is not dangerous. Warm is healthier than cold.
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is plant food, and why earth is not one giant ball of ice.
- Water vapor is a far stronger greenhouse gas than CO2.
- Most of the greenhouse effect occurred in the distant past with an almost opaque blanket preventing heat loss to space. Any further increase in CO2 will have little to no effect.
- Deserts and jungles are greening. Crop yields have increased 15 to 20% on average.
- The oceans are not rising, except for 7 inches a century since the little Ice Age.
- Ocean acidification is a myth. Oceans are buffered to maintain alkaline pH, not acid.
- Storms, droughts, floods are not increasing in intensity or frequency.
- Polar bears and other wildlife are thriving.
The GLP posts a collection of the responses from scientists worldwide to the republication of a controversial animal study on GM corn and herbicide that had been retracted.
via Scientists react to republished Séralini GMO maize rat study — Genetic Literacy Project