While particle physicists aren’t trying to destroy our standard of living (as are “climate scientists”), this New York Times op-ed inadvertently points out the commonality between particle physics and “climate science”. Here you go: Read the NYTimes op-ed.
The wind industry’s rampant bird and bat slaughter is an inconvenient truth, to be sure. The wholesale slaughter of millions of birds and bats – includes rare, endangered and majestic species, like America’s iconic bald and golden eagles. The default response from the wind industry is to lie like fury and – when the corpses can no […]
Climate Change Solar Cycles
Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to
know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” – UN IPCC
Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical
“The whole climate change issue is about to fall apart — Heads will roll!” – South African UN Scientist Dr. Will Alexander, April 12, 2009
“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” – Nobel Prize Winner for
Physics, Ivar Giaever.
STARS similar to our Sun — “solar proxies” — enable scientists to look through a window in time to see the harsh conditions prevailing in the early or future Solar System, as well as in planetary systems around other stars. These studies could lead to profound insights into the origin of life on Earth and reveal how likely (or unlikely) the rise…
View original post 772 more words
Does Carbon Dioxide cause climate change?
a) Carbon dioxide is a minor player in any further warming. It is uniformly distributed in the atmosphere but only absorbs infrared (heat) in a very narrow wavelength range. The CO2 wavelength range is outside the range of most of the solar radiance that penetrates our atmosphere. It falls roughly inside the wavelength range of temperatures re-radiated when solar radiation heats the earth’s surface. The atmospheric CO2 already absorbs almost all of the radiation that it can in that range. Most of the warming effect of CO2 has already occurred in the past and is one of the reasons our planet is not a frozen wasteland. Any increase in CO2 will have a very minor effect. With CO2 absorption near saturation, almost all of the re-radiated heat in that wavelength range is already being trapped, so it can have little or no effect on future increases in temperature or supposed forcing of water vapor. With CO2 essentially eliminated as a source, any increases in temperature must be from some other sources.
Source: Robert A. Rohde (Dragons flight at English Wikipedia) – This figure was created by Robert A. Rohde from published data and is part of the Global Warming Art project. http://www.atmo.arizona.edu/stud…
This figure requires a bit of explaining. The top spectrum shows the wavelengths at which the atmosphere transmits light and heat as well as the “black body” idealized curves for no absorption. It is a little misleading because the data is not based on actual solar and earth data. It is based on two experimental heat sources, one centered at 5525 K (5252o C or 9485o F), the approximate temperature of solar radiation, and one centered in the range of 210 to 310 K (-63o C to 36.8o C or -82oF to 98o F), the approximate temperature range of re-radiated heat from the earth. In reality solar radiation power, (Watts/m2/micron), shown in red, is six million times as strong as the power of re-radiated heat from the earth, shown in blue.
The other spectra are absorption spectra. The top one shows the relative percent absorption by total atmospheric gases at various wavelengths, (note that this spectrum is practically the inverse of the transmission spectrum above it), and the spectra below that show the absorption wavelength ranges of individual atmospheric gases, but not the relative strength of that absorption in reality. As experimental, not real atmospheric, data they can only tell us the wavelength ranges of the absorption, not their relative strengths.
Note that CO2 absorbs in the 15 micron range, which is within both the range of re-radiated heat and the strong absorption by water vapor of which the CO2 peak forms a mere shoulder. This is used to claim forcing of water vapor by CO2, without regard to the near-saturation level of CO2. Lesser CO2 peaks in the 2.7 and 4.3 micron ranges also only contribute in a minor way, the first is completely covered by a water vapor absorption peak and the second forms a shoulder in another water vapor peak. These minor peaks occur in a region where both solar radiation and re-radiation are minimized. Methane and nitrous oxide are also shown to be minor players, having narrow absorption ranges and low concentrations. Note too that ozone blocks most of the ultraviolet light from the sun.
b.) Water is by far the most important greenhouse gas/liquid in the form of vapor, high and low altitude clouds, rain and snow, which both absorb and reflect sunlight and re-radiated heat from the surface. Water vapor is not uniformly distributed in the atmosphere, being concentrated near the earth, but strongly absorbs heat in a wide range of wavelengths. More heat means more water vapor evaporating from the oceans. Sounds pretty scary, doesn’t it? Contrary to what is assumed by climate modelers, who use this to claim forcing by CO2, the extra vapor doesn’t remain as vapor. It quickly forms low altitude clouds that strongly reflect in-coming sunlight and heat into space. Any re-radiated heat from the surface that may be trapped by clouds is a small fraction compared to the in-coming solar radiation, so blocking solar radiance has a net cooling effect that overwhelms any increases in trapped re-radiation. High altitude clouds tend to trap heat from being re-radiated into space, but have little effect because the increases in cloud cover due to warming are mostly in low altitude clouds.
 Transmission and Absorption are inversely related by the formula A = 1/log T.
 The horizontal axis is a log scale in microns so that the 1 to 10 range is in units of 1 and the 10 to 70 range is in tens.
NOTE: Republished from July 22, 2015 Post (media link broken and here restored)
Want to know more about this and other Modern Myths including climate change, evolution, origin of life, Big Bang cosmology or quantum physics? See related posts on this website or buy the book Perverted Truth Exposed: How Progressive Philosophy Has Corrupted Science in print or as e-book/Kindle on line at WND Superstore (the publisher) or at Amazon, Books-a-Million or Barnes & Noble .
Climate Change Science, aka Religion, is Corrupted by Censorship of Critical Scientists
I hope you will take the time to listen to this Youtube video in which Dr. Willie Soon gives evidence of scientific censorship. He has been the target of intimidation, censorship and vicious lies because he uses real scientific data to refute alarmist claims by Climate Change Advocates in academia and scientific publishing. Even if you choose not to view the video, please read his conclusions below.
Conclusion #1: The dark cloud of censorship and intimidation is sweeping across [the] climate science arena in full display now. Climate science, as we know it, is dangerously invaded and corrupted by scientism. The big bad bullies of censorship, those scientists, scientific institutions and funding agencies, continue to be calling [the] shots and making decisions in just about any matter that is important to science, and that has to be stopped.
Conclusion #2: Nearly all institutions are essentially populated and controlled by activists and alarmists, rather than curious scientists, that are firmly convinced of the great harms of CO2 without any need nor interest for scientific evidence.
The so-called “Deniers” are not the real science deniers. It is the “Warmists” among scientists, turned advocates, who refuse to look at any data/ information that does not agree with their fore-gone conclusions and with models that do not track reality. For example, they firmly refuse to consider any contribution from the Sun or Water Vapor and Clouds.
“The common enemy of humanity is man. In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself.” (emphasis added)
— The Club of Rome
Are solar and wind power the answers to future clean energy needs? If not, why not.
- Solar and wind power are NOT the answers to clean energy for the future.
- If environmentalists were serious about clean power, they would support hydroelectric, geothermal and nuclear power. All of which are clean, reliable and use well developed technologies.
- If CO2 is not causing warming, (see previous post Why CO2 is not the cause of climate change ) hydrocarbons can provide clean energy with proper scrubbers to eliminate pollutants from smoke.
- Solar and wind power, by their very nature, are intermittent and unpredictable. The sun is not always visible and the wind is not always blowing at ideal speeds.
- You can’t run a hospital or a manufacturing plant on unpredictable intermittent and fluctuating power.
- Fluctuating power can damage computers and electric motors in appliances like refrigerators, heat pumps, etc.
- As primary power sources, solar and wind power require back up power from other more consistent sources. Their unpredictable nature makes it difficult to supply consistent power as needed through back up sources like fossil fuel and hydroelectric power plants, which cannot change their output quickly, and must run at less than peak efficiency to be ready when needed.
- More realistically, wind and solar can only provide a small amount of supplementary power to other more reliable sources like fossil fuel or hydroelectric plants.
- Solar and wind require covering large areas with turbines or solar arrays to supply power, which necessarily disrupts ecosystems.
- Solar panels and wind generators require exotic “rare earth” minerals, whose extraction is very polluting due to the naturally dispersed nature of rare earths (thus the name).
- Solar panels are very inefficient and short lived, e.g. typically less than 30% efficiency for 15 to 20 years with declining efficiency over time. Efficiency varies with the time of day/angle of the sun, latitude, prevalence of clouds and dust accumulation. Disposal of wastes are also problematic.
- Solar plants using mirrors aimed at a steam generator are low tech but their high heat kills birds.
- Wind turbines kill birds and bats and produce infra-sound that may be harmful to animals and humans.
10. Why do environmentalists hate hydroelectric power, which is the cleanest and most reliable power source
- Environmentalists oppose hydroelectric power for two reasons.
- The first and real reason is that their socialistic goal is to cripple economies and reduce populations that these sources would support.
- (“Giving society cheap abundant energy would be the equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun.” – Paul Ehrlich or paraphrased: “Like giving a loaded gun to a child”)
- They dream of a return to idealized more primitive times, which were, in reality, brutal and polluting.
- In reality, the best way to protect the environment and stabilize family sizes is to raise poor people in developing countries out of their disease ridden squalor. They’re not lazy, just sick. Poverty, not population size, is the cause of environmental damage.
- Africa, for example, has largely untapped hydroelectric capacity beyond their energy needs for the foreseeable future, but that would support a larger population, which the environmentalists fight against.
- The second “reason,” aka excuse, is disruption of the environment.
- They don’t seem to mind the environmental disruption by wind and solar farms.
- Hydroelectric power using large to small waterfalls provides reliable power with minimal impact.
- Hydroelectric dams require reservoirs that fill slowly to cover formerly dry land, (so the downstream river is not starved in the process), which temporarily disrupts ecosystems that historically have quickly adapted.
- They prevent periodic downstream flooding that causes misery and death.
- They provide water for homes, industry and agriculture, and jobs from fishing and tourism.
- If there is a shortage of fresh water in the world, as claimed by environmentalists, it is because reservoirs are needed.
- Environmental groups have prevented the construction of over 200 hydroelectric dams in Africa alone.
- The first and real reason is that their socialistic goal is to cripple economies and reduce populations that these sources would support.
Perfect Read for Christmas!
Perverted Truth Exposed: How Progressive Philosophy Has Corrupted Science
by T Kiser (Author)
4.5 out of 5 stars 2 customer reviews on Amazon
- Kindle Book (Read Now)
$9.99 Read with Our Free App
$20.99 3 Used from $16.07 17 New from $15.33
In Perverted Truth Exposed, Kay Kiser exposes areas of science that have been corrupted by progressive and atheist philosophies disguised as science, including the theories of evolution, origin of life, cosmology, and quantum physics.
The climate change debate presents a modern example of how the perversion of science is politically imposed to support an anti-God, anti-human progress agenda of Marxist control and power while silencing opposition through intimidation. Kiser also answers:
Did Darwin really steal his theory of evolution from Alfred Wallace?
Why did Wallace later abandon the theory as not having sufficient evidence?
If Hubble discovered the expanding universe leading to the Big Bang Theory, why did he continually try to convince others that their conclusion was wrong?
Is man-made carbon dioxide causing global warming or is it a trailing indicator of climate change in a system dominated by solar cycles, cloud cover, and ocean currents?
Special offers and product promotions
- Your cost could be $0.99 instead of $20.99! Get the Amazon.com Store Card card and you’ll automatically get $20.00 off instantly as an Amazon Gift Card. Learn more.
· Publisher: World Ahead Press (July 28, 2016)
· Language: English
· ISBN-10: 1944212183
· ISBN-13: 978-1944212186
· Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.7 x 8.5 inches
· Shipping Weight: 14.9 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
· Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,986,423 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
 Excerpts from Amazon 11-9-2017